Apr 25, 2016

We're back

Welcome to the world Clara Rey. She is our second grandchild. I am truly loving being grandma.


This is a picture from back in the day of Clara's mama sitting on my lap. 


And Clara's mama as big sister. I have had the privilege of having these two girls in my life, and now their children. I am thankful to them both for giving me the chance to be a grandmother. 

Grandparent love is wonderful but different. It's not the same heart breaking love you feel for your own. With grandparenting, you get to look into the eyes of your grandchild and slow things down. There aren't doctor appointments to keep and homework assignments and parenting deadlines. Just being with this little person who shares your blood.   

I had intended to get at least a little work done this week, but holding my granddaughter was more important. Being, not doing.