Apr 8, 2016

No gold

I love spring time at the parsonage. Because unlike SoFLo, there actually is a spring time. 


I didn't get a chance to work on Miss Ivy while there because I was too busy gardening. But when we got back I had worked on her chair. I had put a gold color for the chair upholstery (the one next to the spool), which just seemed to drain the color out of everything else. I was not lovin' it. I do love how you can just peel pieces off if you don't like them when you've used the Therm O Web Heat N Bond lite. 

I had it in my head to do a purple background for the wall paper and some sort of floor. Now I'm thinking I'd like to keep the piece primarily white, red and black, though I did put a small splash of purple in the chair, which is still "red" of a sort. So more experimentation.