Apr 1, 2016

12x12's

The 12x12, River Bath is finished. I am going to send it off to SAQA, as soon as I fill out the online form and pay my dues for 2016. Oops. This was the first small quilt I've ever done. Wish they all sewed up this fast. 


I have also been experimenting with layering and colors. The little square on the right was done very randomly like a free association session. Freud would be proud. With the one on the left, I put a little bit more thought and planning into it, (but not much) and was happier with the results. I like the way the little bits or orange and gray seem to melt into the turquoise dots. Not planned. Duchamp would be proud. 


We are thankfully heading up to the parsonage this weekend for 3 lovely days. Catfish festival on Saturday. See the kids on Monday. And hopefully putt around in the little boat on Sunday. Miss Ivy is coming with me again. I have possible plans for her.