Mar 29, 2013

I want my hat back

I have this hat ... yes this is art related. I love the way my hat fits and all that, but I just couldn't deal with the Jimmy Buffet hula girl silly stuff on the front. Not a big fan of Buffet, but even less so since he's trying to build some eyesore, Margaritaville resort, on Hollywood Beach. Because we don't have enough eyesores or people on Hollywood beach now. Ok, sorry, I'm going into a rant... first of all Margaritaville? Is this Mexico? Is it even the West? No, it's Florida. I'm tired of people always trying to turn Florida into something else. Hula girls? Really, do we have those here? Lived here my whole life and pretty sure I've never seen hula girls running around. That's Hawaii.
So I wore the silly hula girl Jimmy Buffet affair to the St. Patrick's day parade and total strangers were yelling "Beachside!" at me, all friendly and stuff. I had no idea at first what the hell that meant but figured it out. It was my silly hula girl hat. Beachside must be a nickname for the coming eyesore. So I thought, oh hell to the no! Then I thought, ... hey, I'm an artist. I can change this. My new and very cool hat.
No coocoo surf company names, because I'm bitter against that crap too. $48 for a pair of flip flops... really? Just body surfing... you, your body the ocean and no marketing. Amazing what a little paper and matt medium can do.


Messy Art!

We made chickens!

This one is amazing!

These are plastic eggs, tissue, feathers and eyes. At first I was thinking about letting them use real eggs and blow the stuff out of the middle. Then I thought, am I nuts? First of all, it's gross. Second it will take them days to blow all that nasty out of there. Pretty sure I remember doing this as a kid and I think I broke a capillary in my face trying to blow all that icky egg out.

I try not to give the kids too much direction. I always tell them to be as creative as they want. Love seeing all the different results.