Mar 16, 2013

Nature...

... see it while you can.
... and here I am with the mixed media quilt. This was good because I learned something with this piece. I'm never using fabric paint again. It really made the edges start to curl and totally destroyed one of my favorite paint brushes. Who knew. After the show I want to fix it... get rid of the nasty fabric paint bits and quilt the sky area. The venue was so nice and met many nice and interesting people. All in all a good show.


And here's a brand new canvas for the next collage. Haven't put brush to canvas since Our Lady of the Desert. I'm thinking... egrets. I'm on a bird kick.


I've gotten about 2 in. of the hand dyed orange woven into the Mirrix piece. Love the way the orange came out actually. It's sort of mottled. I'm hoping that when it's done there will be more of a distinction between the lighter orange and the red-orange under it.


Found this on my desk at work this morning. A thank you mouse from one of the kids.