Apr 16, 2013

This and that

I really have no idea what I've been doing. When I sit and think about it, it's all a blur. Seems like all my time has been consumed with going to doctors and working. But have 4 days off coming up so that is good.

The 12 pick color sequence is coming along nicely. Slowly but nicely. I really love this pattern.


I was having a bit of trouble beating down the middle portion so I stuck a rag under the offending warp ends like so...

... and problem no more.


This is the latest inkle band. Not loving the colors but what did I expect seriously. That's what I get for not just ordering some nice 5/2 cotton online and using the boring stuff from the craft store instead. I think I want to do one in wool next time anyway.


Messy art:

We played with air dry clay and learned about pinch pots. These are easy and probably the first thing you learn to make in pottery. Here is a little video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRCcDGMQNQ
Next week, when the pots are dry, we will paint them using acrylic paint and a gloss varnish. Of course not everyone followed directions and did pinch pots... including me. Here's my little guy

I might make a little art doll out of him or something. I like him.

A little video to make you smile. Love this!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqKY1iQHgCc