Mar 25, 2013

Spring has sprung

I'm a little behind on posts. This was last week's Messy Art project. Windsocks. We wanted to do something to usher in Springtime.

 I use the larger construction paper so we cut those in half and painted (tempra) designs and pictures on the body of the sock.

Then we added tissue paper streamers.

This little pillow is about the only thing I've gotten to this week. I bought this fabric remnant a while back and did the butterfly silk screen design on there. Then just ran it up on the sewing machine that I'm no longer frightened of, and ta da! A little pillow for the Florida room couch.

Still plugging away on the rug and ran out of cotton yarn for the piece on the inkle so need to go to the store I guess.

I am really jonesin' for a road trip and homesick for N. FL, but just can't get away now, so I made a big old pot of collards and watched a DVD last night instead and it was so awesome. My life as a turkey...filmed in south central Florida. Part of the PBS Nature series. It was just beautiful and so spiritual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK8UQ4Z52KQ