Mar 8, 2013

Happy St. Paddy's

Well, here it is, this weeks kid's craft. Lenny the toilet paper roll Leprachaun. Their name, not mine. I would have called him Beelzibub's kid brother Lenny. This is some real nightmare fuel here folks, but in a sorta funny way, don't-cha think? So it being creepy and all; of course I chose it for our project. Kid's need to be exposed to fear... everything in life can't be hearts and flowers, ya know.


It's pretty self explanatory really. Color in the template, cut and glue to a toilet paper roll. Here is the link if you are interested. I realize this is not one of my more creative projects, but it's been a bad week. Here are the kid's renditions of Lenny:

This one looked a little more Russian than Irish

Turns out the kids loved making these guys. They had a blast. Because their arms are bent in  such a way, they were making them do the Robot

In the Studio...
I finished this little band on the inkle. I love my inkle loom. You can sit on the couch with your feet propped up, sit it in your lap and watch Downton Abbey and weave. Like it so much better than card weaving.


And for Women's History Month.... enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQhRCs9IHM