Feb 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's

Messy Art - Well, today being Valentine's Day, we made,... you guessed it, Valentines. This is simple ... I just folded 12x18 construction paper in various pinks and reds into fours. Then you cut along the open side of the folded paper in the shape of a half heart, unfold, and you get two hearts.

We decorated with tissue, sequence, magazine pics, anything you want really.
 
This is my model for them. Found the old lady in a magazine. I told the kids that was a picture of my grandma. They believed me, ha ha!

Here are some from the kids:




I ordered a shorter temple for the tap on the big loom. I'm probably not going to weave wide pieces anymore so I figured why not. The temple I've got is 24" at it's shortest. I may sell that one, don't know yet.

I had help with the threading which is the part that hurts my back to do. Jerry was very good at threading! I told him he would make a good weaver.


I supervised and passed him warp ends...


And of course the top supervisor was there to make sure we didn't have too much fun.


It was really nice to have help. Threading can be a lonely business. We listened to Bruce Springsteen, Darkness on the Edge of Town while we worked.


Looked out the kitchen window this morning and saw that one of my little tree orchids had bloomed. I love when this happens. It's so spontaneous and unexpected. A treat for sure.