Jul 9, 2014

4th of July weekend

We went up to the parsonage for the weekend. I found myself wandering around the yard, and realized I didn't know half the names of the plants growing there. Luckily Cindy and Bill Minota stopped by for lunch and took us on a plant tour. Plants and a lot of other helpful hints... thank you both! Above is the pagoda plant. They grow pretty wild in the yard and I really like their gorgeous red flowers.




We have two stag horn ferns in the yard, both very large. They will need to be covered up for sure in the winter. 


Our ceramic chicken family. Maybe someday they will be replaced with real chickens!

Fountain

White spider lily

Cone flower


I really loved these flowers. They bloomed from the bog plant that lives in a big pot by the deck. Had no idea that these plants bloomed!

When we got back to Hollywood, I wandered around that back yard as well... roses!




Finished the latest painting... Free avocados from the neighbor's yard



This may be my last post for a while. I will be having Cyberknife treatment next week and will probably be too tired to post. If you pray, please remember me in your prayers next week. Thank you :)