Jan 16, 2016

Prototypes


Am presently working on my postcard for the Twitter Art Exhibit. This year the exhibit will be held at the Trygve Lie Gallery in NYC, benefiting Foster Pride's Handmade program. 

This will be a quilted fabric postcard when finished. I feel like this is first in a series of quilts that I will call Sacred Waters. This is a 6x4 prototype. The H2Oh! quilt entry will be next, at about 70x90. Much larger but still examining mothers, babies and water in short supply. There is a sacred connection in this act of bathing your child. I remember the first time I gave my daughter a bath. I was terrified. But my mother showed me how to hold her little head up and what temperature the water should be. And I will be doing the same for my daughter very soon with her baby boy. 

Lucky us, we have plenty of water for our baby's tub. The women that will be in my quilts do not. 


Made a quick trip to the parsonage last weekend. We went for a little walk and discovered that there are wild peacocks in the neighborhood. This is the lovely white peacock that lives in our town.

And this is the cat who kicked the peacock out of her yard in our town. She was very miffed. 

The weather has been strange everywhere it seems. The poor camillia doesn't know whether to hold on or let go. We all feel like that sometimes, camillia.