Jan 28, 2016

Block play

My life now is consumed with waiting for this reluctant little grandchild who will not be born. He is a boy after all, and I'm told they are lazy. However, I did manage to get some work done in the studio yesterday, finally. 

I finished the top and bottom borders for Many Moons. Now working on the sides. While slowly waking up this morning, I decided to do each corner in the above yellow fabric (with a crescent moon in each block) and a sort of back and forth flying geese pattern for the sides in above two colors. 

I also started thinking about my story quilt again. I'm thinking I'd like to add some sawtooth star blocks. 

Also, I originally thought I'd do a black and white small block background, but the black and white made me feel a bit overwhelmed...
...so I played with black and purple, in an Amish sort of way, and really liked the results. You can see the difference in the above sketch. 

Well, my daughter went to the doctor and was told there is no dilation, even though she had a show. So there's no change