Jan 2, 2013

New Year ... I hope

I feel like I should have some New Year resolutions. There are a few of them playing around the back of my head, but I really wonder if I'm just the proverbial dog who can't learn new tricks. I know from past experience, that if I make these resolutions, I'm just setting myself up for failure, and in the words of Sweet Brown, "...ain't nobody got time for that!"

But, the one thing I really do need to do this year is get more organized in the studio. I realized that this morning when I could not find the spring reeds for the Mirrix loom. I did find a few other things that had been lost while looking for the reeds but this is ridiculous. Everytime I go to look for something I have to hunt for it. That's not good. So if I can do that one thing, organization, I'll be happy.

Ok, I've got $150 in Christmas money. Part of that will go to St. Jude's. The rest goes to either a new cell phone or an inkle loom. Yeah, another loom. I'm mental. But check this one out!
Ashford, Inkle Loom Isn't it cool...doesn't it look complicated? Do I really need another loom? Well, the answer to that is obviously no. But I'm not a phone person really. Mine acts up but I think I can live with it and I have a backup phone if it dies. Ok, I talked myself into the loom.

Here is the sloooooow progress on my painting. This is a mixed media collage. Not finished yet but almost. Still need to add a few details.


Here's a New Year laugh: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gesm2CiVbuo&list=HL1357157685