Dec 14, 2009

Spinning again and stuff

Here's the loom troll. He's taken over. I had to laugh this morning because I was trying to lift the 1 and 2 shafts and this genius was walking on them, but I didn't see him. I'm sitting there pushing on the treadle thinking "geez...why are these so heavy this morning?" He almost fell into the sectional beam. It would have been like some hideous industrial accident, only funnier.

I've finally started spinning again. I had stopped for a while thinking that maybe I was becoming allergic to bunny fluff and that's why the dizzys. But no. No such luck. So I started again this morning. Head lump aside, the fluff was driving me crazy. I need to get a dust mask. It's just too much.

I got this old book case from the same friend that gave me the jack loom. My daughter was supposed to take it to her new apartment, but her new apartment is too small. Oh darn! Looks like mom will have to take that off your hands. This case was just what I needed for all my "stuff". I had a mish mash of storage units in there and this just cleaned it all up and consolidated the space.


I just started on this scarf yesterday. I really liked the colors but I know the yarn was a poor weaving choice. I have a feeling I'll be repairing lots of broken warps with this. But it is nice yarn. If I can pull it off, it should be a soft scarf for Valentines.