Dec 5, 2009

Weird day off

I hate when I'm off Friday, have to work Saturday and am off Sunday. Ok...I don't really hate the days off part, it's the Saturday part that stinks.

This Friday off was strange. The day started with taking the car to the mechanic because the mysterious "check engine" light came on again. Gerry and I hung out in Ft. Liquordale, had breakfast, went to Pearls Art store, the thrift store then back for the car. That was nice. Got a little more Christmas shopping done. After this, the day gets icky. We came home to a rock through the back window of Daisy.


You can't really tell from this picture. Took this after Gerry cleaned up all the glass. It was shattered. I think some kids were probably walking past the house throwing rocks at each other and missed. It was a small garden type rock. If someone wanted to do this on purpose, they'd have used a brick or something bigger. I couldn't believe such a small rock did such damage. Anyway $45 later, Gerry got replacement glass and we made a police report.

I just don't want to believe someone would have done this on purpose.

I started the supposed log cabin mug rugs. I hated them. The colors looked awful together and I was sort of disappointed. So, not being one to waste a warp already on the loom, I started playing around with this chunky Lion Brand yarn I've got. I can't even begin to guess how this will come out but what the heck. It looks like crap on the loom, which is why I didn't get too close with the camera.

Decided to take a break from this fiasco and watch the cats. You know I'm bored when I find them more interesting than my weaving.

Here they are both trying to pretend that they're not interested in the yarn I just shook in front of their faces.

And here's Ms. Putty completely over it. She wants to go outside and eat a lizard.


LittleMan got tired of the string too and went to his favorite spot...the big loom. He spends more and more time there now. He's either sleeping on the bench or walking around the back and front beams. He thinks he's Olga Korbet...get it...walks the beams, ya har ya har.

I'm still working on the table runner, or whatever this is going to be, on the big loom. The loom came with the warp, and once again...I hate to waste a warp. So I ended my weaving day on the big loom. Later we went for pizza and the Christmas tree. We're letting the branches relax down and will decorate tonight.

Every weird, icky day should end with some comic relief.