May 29, 2014

Headed towards June

May has been a very hectic month and I'm glad it's almost over. Lots of good stuff, but still stressful.

I have arrived at my new work home at the Main library, downtown Ft. Lauderdale. There are supposed to be some interesting things coming in the future... a move to a bigger space, butterfly gardens, partnerships with MOA, Ft. Laud.  Should prove to be interesting. Here's a picture of my little space


Upon reading an article about how urban area beach lighting affects sea turtles, I was inspired to do this new piece. I'm using a 2x4 that I found in the garage. I like the idea and the feel of painting on wood. I don't like frames... I really don't. For some reason frames feel like a barrier, and I feel like there are enough of those in my life.


Ascending sea turtles...


...bringing a message


Mr. Gator is coming along too. I will be adding more to the quilt top and have added some lights and "little pink houses for you and me". This one will be called Zero Lot-Line Bayou


Miss Puddy is giving me the eye. She is reminding me that I have not done any work on the big loom. Yes, the rug has been neglected during this hectic month of May but now since things seem to be slowing down, I will work on it a bit every day.