Mar 28, 2014

Sewing machine blues

One of the first tenets of slow cloth is the joy of the process. Pretty sure they were not talking about sewing machines here...


My arch nemesis... Singer. It doesn't have to be Singer though. It can be any sewing machine. They hate me.


I needed to sew some strips together for my little manatee pal project. Though I am not a fan of machine sewing, I knew it was the best tool for this job. Not having tiny child hands, it took what felt like an hour to get the bobbin case set up. Finally got it together and started strippin'


And I must strip quickly, as another denizen is waiting on the design table to be rendered forth in thread.

I have not gotten much done... slow going on the rug, gathering some dye material, sewing manatee to a new home background. Slow cloth and slow me... but in my defense I have been just a little busy and preoccupied lately because of this...


More on this later :-)