Nov 6, 2013

Things back to normal


The wedding is over and the kids are off on their honeymoon to New Orleans. Remember these little guys? They were the cake toppers. The kid's wedding theme was natural Florida and I got this idea from a picture on Pinterest where someone had done this with deers. Very cute. So I thought well, why not white herons?


In art class this week:


We did abstract scribble painting. We took paper and drew a scribble design. Then using tempera paints, we painted in our drawings. Mostly I was trying to show the kids how to make secondary colors from primary colors and how to blend on the paper.


I like the chalkiness that tempera gives.




This is my favorite. We were coming to the end of our lesson and this girl was only half finished so she folded the page over, pressed the painted side against the other and got this result. Beautiful! Happy accidents!