Jul 20, 2009

My corner



This is my little corner of the universe. The neat corner. I've got lots of other corners. My family would probably say "too many"... full of yarn, looms, spindles etc. I was sitting there this morning thinking how much I love my little corner. I think one of the best things about it is that some of my pictures are there. They sit on the shelves next to me and I put my morning coffee there and my warping hook there, while I weave in the mornings.

This is my favorite picture in the whole world. This was taken in the hospital when Che was born. Bridget is looking at her new sister. I look at this every morning and it really helps me get through my days and reminds me of how blessed I am.

Went to the beach yesterday. It was so incredibly hot! I practically ran to the water and got in right away before I combusted. Waves were small but I managed to do a little bodysurfing. It felt sort of like swimming in your own saliva, it was so hot. But it was better than nothing.

Later on got a call from my mom. My oldest brother in Texas had a heart attack. He is not doing too good. I feel awful about it. I will pray for him.