Jul 3, 2009

Cameras and frogs

Cameras and computers can be the biggest pain in the butt. I'm not a photographer. I know nothing about cameras. But I do know frogs and this one was a cutie. The first picture I took of him he was sitting in his little bird house, elbow propped on the sill, happy as a little frog can be. I ran for my camera. The first picture came out bad, because my camera always thinks it's in a dungeon, so the flash always goes off, no matter what. When I went back to take this picture, the poor little guy was cowering in his house, blind and confused. So I took advantage of his blurred state and got this picture. Ran in the house and went to upload the pictures and the cable was fried. So, ran to Target. I wasn't even sure what was wrong or what I needed. Luckily, the nice guy was there and he gave me this little thingy that looks like a jump drive that you can put your picture card into and upload without using the cable.






My new fun thing to play with is the potholder loom...yes, like the ones we all played with as kids with those loopy things. But I used yarn instead of the loopy things and they came out really cool. I didn't even realize it was like 12:30 in the morning; I was getting so into it. I learned about this from the Weavolution (http://www.weavolution.com/) group, the magic of potholder looms. Noreen Crone-Findlay's website tells you how to use these looms with yarn (http://www.blisstree.com/hankeringforyarn/how-to-weave-with-yarn-on-potholder-loom/)
I think I'll make a bunch of these little guys and turn them into a bath mat.