Feb 3, 2014

Looms Ahoy!

The new loom is home. Thank you Cindy of Delighted Hands ... I love the loom! And the tour of your super awesome home :)

And I was right... this loom is so much easier to work with than the big mama, Kessy. Very good loom for a poor little cripple like me... I feel like the China Girl of Oz ...
...except no where near as cute ;-(  ... just delicate and breakable.

Anywho, I realized that this loom also takes up practically no space at all, and further realized I have a big bare space on my studio floor which needs, you guessed it, a hand woven rug!

So I got out the design book and started planning. I'm partial to krokbragd so thought I'd go with that. I also thought I'd use up some of my stash wool, so am using black and hand dyed blue I already had with some red that I bought just for this project. Have already started measuring the warp. Can't wait to be weaving again.



Last post I had mentioned that I was planning to use this yarn for a rigid heddle piece. But something kept bothering me about it. I kept going back and looking at the design in my book, and just wasn't liking it. Something was wrong. Then while in St. Augustine week before last, I woke early in our warm hotel room and started thinking how much I liked that Paton's chunky Shetland (I know,... I have a serious fiber problem) and envisioned the yarn as a cable knit throw or pillows or something cable knit. So scratch the weaving plan... I'm knitting that stuff up!


In inkle land... not much happening due to being away and then getting the Harrisville set up, but I have started this Baltic band.