Aug 7, 2013

With the rain comes...

GREEN. Lots and lots of green. The ferns have pretty much taken over the back part of the lot.


The new butterfly and veggie bed is looking more full. Beans in the back




And new sweet potatoes 

This is some random sorghum. I think the birds planted it... if you know what I mean. 

And the older butterfly bed 


In the Studio:


I was feeling a bit under the weather last week so I haven't gotten much done in the studio. I am however, ready to tackle block weaves again on the Kessenich. I'd like to work with a back ground of black and try to make the blocks colorful in descending size. I saw how I wanted this in my head when I was just about to fall asleep the other night, so I'll see if I can make it come out like my dreamy vision. I mapped it out on graph paper to see if everything would fall into place. I don't always trust my math.

Working at 6 epi, single, with floating warp.

These will be the colors... not a great picture.

On the inkle ... working on a pebble weave band. I have warped using the European method, according to Ms. Atwater. It's the way I learned and feel most comfortable with. This pattern is called the Dancing Warrior

 And you can see his little warrior feet starting to dance!

And last... I decided to dress up this block weave sampler with an inkle that I did not too long ago in the checker pattern.