Jun 18, 2012

Tea time

I love love love when I have Saturdays off! My daughters and my BFF get together and go yard sale-ing on those Saturdays. Scored a candle stick that matches the lamp I got on the last yard sale expedition and a very cool little tree for $5. Then it's back to Che's nifty apartment for tea and pancakes :)

On the weaving front ...

I cut the sampler off the loom (accompanied by a glass of Chardonnay... I always toast the cutting off of anything) and started the finishing. I twined and then started to go with a longer twist tassle and changed my mind.

Instead I decided on a 3 in. plain finish. Here are photos:


This will come in handy as a reference on all the different techniques. And it's kind of pretty in a weird sorta way. So it's over my work table as my guide. I've started warping Big Kay for the actual rug. It will be periwinkle and salmon and I'm calling it "Stilt City"