Apr 25, 2012

Progress


Still working on the block weave sampler. I've done blocks, checkerboard blocks, lines and cross stripes within the blocks so far. Next will be vertical lines within the blocks. I'm having way too much fun with this. Don't look at the selvedges, ha! But like I said, I don't have a small temple, so they look a little, shall we say, "chubby" ... and chubby is cute, right?

Almost done with the scarf on the rigid heddle. I'm already looking forward to the next project which will be a wrap/shawl. I'm thinking the main colors will be the purple slub cotton and maroon 3/2 perle with smatterings of the pink and green.

P.S. - bought a lamp in, ...sigh, Walmart on Sunday. I was visiting my mom up in Themiddleofnowhere, FL so there aren't too many store choices. Anyway, I was hoping that it would light things up in the Weaveatorium a bit. That was my mistake. Got the thing home, screwed all of the various pieces together, stuck a light bulb in it and nothing. The light came on just long enough for my synapses to register it, then poop. So ok...try another bulb. Same thing. So my advice; don't buy electronics at Mr. Walton's place.