Feb 27, 2010

Finger knitting

February Little Van Goghs meeting. This month we did finger knitting. The kids loved it! We tried single strand and double strand. The older kids helped the younger. One of the moms joined it. It was fun! Check out this video to learn how to finger knit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LKAlDz9ig

I finally finished my Mother Bear Project bear. He is my very first bear, so be kind. I've never made a stuffed animal before. I love doing this and feel so stoked that a child in Africa will get my little bear and love him. He is very flamboyant, isn't he?

Haven't been doing much weaving. Been really busy. But I did finish the color variation project and I hope to make that into a bag. I've been toying with the idea of adding freeform knit scrumbles as decoration to the outside of the bag but I'm not loving it right now.

This little dude was hanging out in our yard the other day. I love cardinals! They are so RED! We put some seeds out for him and his wife.