Nov 10, 2009

Log Cabin weave-a-long

I started a new weave-a-long. It took a lot of effort to get interested. I've been mentally battling a health issue (which is, thank God, not cancer, but a benign tumor on the left acoustic nerve...a little tiny intruder which I hope to kill dead). But I am feeling stronger mentally and spiritually and want to get back to my weaving. As Forest Gump said...that's all I have to say about that.





I chose these two colors because I wasn't really worrying too much about color. I like the colors, don't get me wrong. But what I really needed was some strong yarn that would work with a 7.5 dent heddle. So these were the best candidates, even though they barely work with the 7.5. It has a bit more of a lacy feel than I had planned or wanted so hopefully wet finishing with fix that.




Hopefully this will be a small table runner. The log cabin pattern is a real challenge to my dyslexia. So, I literally warped this in bundles of 8, being careful to keep the DLDL LDLD (Dark, Light) continuum. I was and am a little nervous about starting the actual weaving.


Also, I've decided to get back to knitting which I put by the wayside. I really need to start from ground zero with it too because I just don't feel competent. Have been doing the freestyle knitting and crochet though so my hand is still in it.